When and How to Seek Aid with a Bay Area Wrongful Death Attorney
The death of a loved one is always tragic and difficult to deal with. When the death was preventable and unexpected, it can be even more difficult to process. In many cases, if a loved one’s death was preventable, there are actions you can take to get justice for their loss of life. Wrongful death claims can help you on the long road to recovery as you grieve your lost loved one.
What Is Considered Wrongful Death?
There are certain types of death that qualify as wrongful death in a court of law. While there are many causes that can lead to a wrongful death, some of the most common include:
- Medical malpractice, which includes care errors and negligence
- Traffic accidents, which include motorcycles, trucks, cars, buses, commercial vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians
- Boating accidents
- Nursing home abuse and elder abuse or neglect
- Intentional abuse or violence, such as domestic violence
- Occupational hazards and exposure
- Deaths arising from defective products
- Dog attacks or bites
- Explosions or fires
- Construction site accidents
- Deaths arising from recreational activities and sports
- DUI accidents where the party causing the accident is under the influence of alcohol or another substance
Requirements To Prove Wrongful Death
If you have lost a loved one in an injury or accident, there are requirements in order for it to be proved in a court of law. While there is room for interpretation based on the unique characteristics of each case, the general stipulations include:
- The death must have occurred from a specific and identifiable cause.
- The death must be the result of a wrongful act by another party.
- The death must have led to damages and losses, which may include funeral expenses, loss of love and affection of an individual, or other losses.
Contact Our San Jose Attorneys for a Consultation
If you think you have a wrongful death claim, it is important to seek professional, qualified legal advice from a wrongful death attorney in San Jose or Bay Area personal injury attorney. A qualified wrongful death attorney will be able to evaluate your situation and guide you through the tricky legal process.
The Law Office Farling, Hecht & Davis, LLP, your Bay Area wrongful death attorneys, can be the guide you need to evaluate your wrongful death claim in court. Contact us here for a free and confidential consultation, and begin the process of seeking justice for your loved one.